Terms & Conditions
- This is the Website of Ladybird Vintage Limited ("Ladybird"), a subsidiary of Penguin Books Limited ("Penguin"). It is owned and operated by Penguin (also referred to in these Terms as "we" and "us") and the information and materials appearing on the Website (the "Content") are displayed for personal, non-commercial use only.
- All software used on the Website and all Content included on it (including, without limitation, Website design, text, graphics, audio and video, and the selection and arrangement of the Content) is the property of us or our suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws.
- None of the Content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of the copyright holder, except that you may download one copy of extracts from the Website on any single computer for personal, non-commercial, home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact.
- You are prohibited from modifying any of the Content or using any of the Content for any purpose other than as set out in these Terms (including, without limitation, on any other website or computer network). Requests to republish any of the Content and to use quotations or extracts from any book published by us should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Marketing Director or the Online Manager of Ladybird Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- The Ladybird and Penguin names and logos are registered trademarks.
Links to third party web sites
- This Website may have links to other Internet websites that are controlled and maintained by third parties. These websites may be operated by one of our divisions, associated or sister companies, or may display our name or brand or refer to us in some way. These links are included solely your convenience and do not constitute any endorsement by us of the websites linked or referred to. We have no control over the content of any such websites.
Material you submit
- By communicating with this Website, you confirm that you:
(a) have all necessary legal rights, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, to the material and information you transmit or send to this Website;
(b) take full responsibility for any material you transmit or send to this Website;
(c) will not transmit or send to this Website any unlawful, confidential, defamatory, obscene, threatening, sexually or racially offensive, abusive, harmful or otherwise objectionable material; and
- We provide this Website in good faith and do not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to any part, or all, of this Website or its Content, nor in relation to any part or all of any website to which this Website has a link. We hereby exclude all warranties and representations to the extent permitted by law. We give no guarantee that the activities and offers made available on this Website will always function as intended or that this Website will be free from infection by viruses or anything else that may be harmful or destructive.
- To the extent permitted by law, we hereby disclaim all liability, however it may arise, in connection with any loss and/or damage that may occur in relation to, use of, or inability to use, or action taken or refrained from being taken as a result of using, all or any part of this Website or its Content, or any website to which this Website is linked.
Changes to these conditions of use
- If any of these Terms is held by a court of law in any territory to be invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, then, to the extent that it is held to be so, and with regard to the relevant territory only, that provision shall be severed and deleted from these Terms, provided that the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain binding and enforceable and the severed provision shall also remain so in all other territories.
- These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, and any disputes that may arise under or in relation to these Terms shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Associated policies and rules
- The following Policies and Rules form part of these Terms and by your use of this Website you are regarded as having accepted them:
- If you shop on this Website, Penguin will fulfil your orders, so the Penguin Terms and Conditions of Sale and Purchase will apply.